- Bloomberg Government: BSA Launches Cross-Border Data Group, January 22, 2020
- Politico Europe: Politico Europe Pro Morning Tech, January 22, 2020
- Politico Europe: Politico Europe Pro Cyber Insights, January 22, 2020
- MLex: MLex, January 22, 2020
- MediaNama: Cross-industry Global Coalition Launched to Advocate for Free Flow of Data Across Borders, January 22, 2020
- CRN India: BSA Launches International Coalition to Advocate for the Ability to Move Data Across Borders, January 22, 2020
- Business Insider India: Microsoft, AWS and Adobe Align to Lobby Against Data Localisation in India — But the Issue Goes Beyond Privacy, January 22, 2020
- Press Release: Global Data Alliance Promotes Sound Data Policy, January 22, 2020
Global Data Alliance
Cross-border data transfers power innovation and job growth across the globe in all sectors of the economy. There has been an increase in government policies around the world that impose data localization requirements or restrict cross-border data transfers. Such restrictions:
- Inhibit growth and innovation across industry sectors, all of which increasingly rely on data to improve products and services; and
- Impact sectors such as manufacturing, financial services, consumer products, transportation, and logistics.
Unite – Bring together a multi-sector group of global stakeholders that recognize the importance of the data economy.
Inform – Educate policymakers in markets around the world about the importance of international data transfers to all industry sectors.
Persuade – Utilize data-focused policy expertise & smart advocacy to promote cross-border data flows & to avoid data localization mandates.
Leveraging BSA Offices & Personnel
Washington, DC; Brussels; Singapore*
Bangkok, Beijing, New Delhi, São Paulo, Seoul, Tokyo
Leveraging BSA International Staff
Staff and trusted network of lawyers and consultants in 30+ countries across five continents
Ear to the Ground
Ability to monitor regional/local activity for members in real time
- In-depth subject matter expertise and advocacy on data transfer policy and digital trade across the globe.
- Multi-sector perspective informed by its members’ work in areas such as agriculture, manufacturing, aerospace, finance, and film production.
News & Events
- Press Release: Global Data Alliance Welcomes US and Singapore Commitment to Cross-Border Financial Data Transfers, February 6, 2020
- Event: Washington, DC: Global Data Alliance Inaugural Event, February 11, 2020
- Politico: Morning Tech: BSA Launches Global Data Alliance, January 22, 2020
- Politico: Morning Trade: A New Data Alliance is Born, January 22, 2020
- Washington Post: Cyber 202: BSA to Lead Global Data Alliance, January 22, 2020
Global Data Alliance members include BSA members and the following:
- American Express
- United Airlines
- WD-40 Company
These companies are headquartered across the globe and are active in the advanced manufacturing, aerospace, agriculture, automotive, energy, electronics, entertainment, financial and payment services, health, retail and consumer goods, supply chain, and telecommunications sectors, among others.